cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber For Windows User Feedback

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

As we are going through a migration off of OCS and onto Jabber, these are the concerns that seem to be repeated from our end users:

Again these are just the requests and complaints I am hearing from my users. (OSX users are pretty happy).

1) New chat box pops up right in the middle of screen. I have had requests from just about everyone for it to be a preview by the clock or to stay the size and positions they set.

2) Desktop Phone control location no matter where it is moved it always pops up, again, in the middle of screen.

3) Ability to disable phone services or phone pop for users who do not wish to see the phone popup screen on a incoming call. This has come mainly from our call center who not only get the agent pop but now get the jabber pop as well. This is referring to the phone control after a call is accepted.

4) Chat history user options.

5) Changing default font - yes surprisingly this is one of the biggest complaints. People like to talk in different colors.. I guess.

6) The ability to ignore the call rather then just decline. Ignore speaking to just allow the phone to keep ringing and not send strait to voice mail.

Also if anyone knows of ways around these are if the functionality is there please let me know.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Mark Congiusta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks so much for the feedback. Some info and questions regarding your requests:

1) New chat box pops up right in the middle of screen. I have had  requests from just about everyone for it to be a preview by the clock or  to stay the size and positions they set. Remembering window positions and sizes is high on our backlog and we are targeting a post 9.1 release with this functionality.

2) Desktop Phone control location no matter where it is moved it always pops up, again, in the middle of screen. Again, remembering window positions will be included in an upcoming release but can you clarify which window you are referring to? If you are referring to the call bricklet, the 9.1 release will feature integrated conversation windows where chats and calls will be consolidated into a single UI that will make window managment much easier for end users.

3)  Ability to disable phone services or phone pop for users who do not  wish to see the phone popup screen on a incoming call. This has come  mainly from our call center who not only get the agent pop but now get  the jabber pop as well. This is referring to the phone control after a  call is accepted. Interesting use case. We are working through some of our more advanced telephony feature sets right now. I will add this to the backlog.

4) Chat history user options. Which options specifically?

5)  Changing default font - yes surprisingly this is one of the biggest  complaints. People like to talk in different colors.. I guess. Will be available in the 9.1 release.

6)  The ability to ignore the call rather then just decline. Ignore  speaking to just allow the phone to keep ringing and not send strait to  voice mail. We eventually plan on offering the ability to silence the ringer without dismissing the call toast and allowing it to ring out but I am pretty sure that it is a call manager limitation that the call must either be answered or sent to the divert destination (most usually voicemail). I do not believe that it is possible to simply ignore a call but I will comnfirm.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

Concerning chat histroy. My legal department hit me with a document retention policy and they would like the history cleared for everyone after 7 days. We get hit with time frame for email and documents on servers as well. So today (sadly because we in IT love this feature) turned it off entirely.

Number 6 - So the issue here is if the user is working and and does not want to answer the call they are inclined to hit the X on the incoming call pop, much like they do on a IM notification. Doing this sends them strait to VM, this is interesting to me as it means that some people like to hide

One last thing, when the deskphone control is up while connecting to a call if you click the X it hangs up on the caller completely. I think this is the main issue concerning 4 as people are just trying to clear the screan and accidently hit the X.

Thanks again for the reply, being able to tell people the font was coming in next release made a lot of users happy.

No problem. That's what we are here for

The ability to set expiration dates on chat history is a roadmap item. I will check to see if it has been prioritzed for a specific release.

Understand on the call toast item. Once there is the ability to mute the ringer this will be possible but it will not dismiss the toast just stop the ringing.

We have made a conscious decision to not pop up warnings everytime the user clicks the window x as it could get annoying. If this continues to confuse your users over time please let us know.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Mark

We are in the process of completing our pilot and getting ready for deployment.  I have to agree with request three.  Many pilot users have asked for a way to turn off the pop-up of incoming calls.  It would be nice to have a toggle under options to turn off the pop-up when the "use my phone for calls" is selected.

My users would also like to toggle off the call popup for option 3, I'm on ver 9.1.1 now and do not see where I can turn that off.

Does anyone know when this feature will be added

I was shared the road map for 2013 and didnt see this as a feature, I hope it changes as it has become and BIG issue with my call center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: