Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Group chat Windows change the Room Administrator

renedisabella
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I wont to change on a existing Group Chat Room Administrator (Creator).

In case a user has create the Chat Room, leaves the company and i dont wont delete the Room.
make another user the as a Administrator.
I am a Group Chat System Administrators all other can by change but not that.

Thank you 
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to change the owner/creator of the room as that is static, best you can do is add moderators.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to change the owner/creator of the room as that is static, best you can do is add moderators.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Somewhat similar question.  As administrators we create rooms for departments.  After we create them on their behalf and add them as moderators, we no longer want to be listed as administrators on the membership roaster.  Anyway to remove/hide that?

Same question, did you get an answer?

This is kind of silly.  There should be some basic back-end ways to keep Jabber Rooms clean.   It really seems that Cisco is not investing in the Jabber client.

* I realize they are probably trying to focus on Webex and Webex Teams, but that is a mistake companies make often when they lose customers that would like to see innovation in what they are using now.

Bumping topic, as this just came up for us again this week.   We really need ways to change the administrator in a room.  And better tools to manage Jabber rooms.

bump. I have this issue as well.

Admins always show in the group chat members in the right pane

Drew McRoberts
Level 1
Level 1

This feature is now available on IMP v14 SU1. One caveat is that the procedure needs to be done during a maintenance window since the text conference manager needs to be stopped. Hope this helps.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/14_su1/cup0_b_config-and-admin-guide-14su1/cup0_b_config-and-admin-guide-1401_chapter_010110.html#task_F33F3D1B66B01F01E41AB23329960D62