Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest to Jabber for Win SIP URI

mbaker33
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've spent countless hours over the past few months, off and on, trying to get Jabber Guest working.  Finally, after a 5 hour call with TAC, i've got it working to devices that are registered with the VCS-C and life is good.

However, never one to be complacent, I'd like to extend Jabber Guest to be able to dial directly to my SIP URI on my Jabber for Win client.  It seems, I'm missing some config that will connect the two systems (VCS -> CUCM/CUPS/J4WIN) and make it work as VCS is not able to locate my URI.

I'm hoping someone can provide some direction (documentation, pointers, etc.) to help me finish this up.

URI dialing does work within my organization (audio only, no video for some reason, still need to figure that out as well) from J4Win to J4Win.

Thanks,

Mark

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Take a look at this checklist, hopefully it gives you a good overview of the configuration tasks required to get Expressway to route Jabber Guest calls to CUCM. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Guest/10_6/icg/JABC_BK_JF2738FB_00_jabber-guest-server-106-installation/reference.html#JABC_RF_C3B0EC92_00

Mike

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mark,

Are you able to dial from the VCS-C registered endpoints to CUCM using SIP URI? If not look into that first, CSS on the VCS-C SIP Trunk, etc then look at Jabber Guest side are you also using TCP or TLS as the VCS to CUCM SIP Trunk?

VCS to CUCM integration guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-2/Cisco-Expressway-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-and-X8-2.pdf

If this is working already can you put up a VCS Search history of a Jabber Guest call and also screen caps (in a word/pdf document) of your Jabber guest config and what error you get.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: