cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Guest Users Only See Black Screen

KDoblinger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I'm new to the Jabber side of my organization's infrastructure and I've been having issues passing along meeting links to outside participants joining a virtual MCU classroom via Jabber Guest.

The most common problem I have besides the many errors people seem to have with installing the Jabber Guest plugins in their browsers, is that when the participants join they only see a black screen. My MCU's content channel is not active and I can't figure out where this issue is coming from.

2 Replies 2

mwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Have you solved this problem?  We are experiencing it, too.

Not exactly- it seems like many devices are not supported and Jabber doesn't clearly convey that. I had an attendee join from a Surface tablet and experienced the black screen issue and then he joined from a desktop PC and it worked fine. Other people have joined using desktop PC's and experienced the black screen issue then switched to the mobile version and it's worked fine.

That's actually where we've had the most success is with iPhone and Android participants. If they can't access the menu and only see a black screen, we tell them to download the Jabber Guest app on their phone and connect that way.

The many different configurations of everyone's personal computers really complicates figuring out what exactly is the problem.