cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IM Client for Cius

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Forgive my ignorance on this one... I have the Cius and it is running very well. I keep reading about the Chat client built in and that I need a Jabber account.... Where does this account reside? How is it tied to Presence?

7 Replies 7

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Heath,

To use Jabber client you need with CUPS or WebEx back end server. One of these apps serves as the provisioning and authoritative presence engine for the client. See the following section in the admin guide as a starting point:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/ccmcd/admin/9_2_1/english/ciusag-usr.html#wp1134191

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi ,

I have the same problem with Heath.

I have followed document administration guide and modified the Cius configuration options pointed to Presence instead of Webex Connect, unfortunately it still cannot authenticate to the Presence server.

I saw at the troubleshooting chatpter that we should see the "DEBUG > debug apps IMPService debug".

Is there anyone knows how to access the Debug menu?

Please advise,

Heribertus

I was able to get the Cius Jabber client working with CUPC. This is what I did:

1. In CUCM Cius device config under Product Specific Product Layout, set the Presence and Chat Server (Primary) to the host name of your CUP server and then change Presence and Chat Server Type from the default of Cisco WebEx Connect to Cisco Unified Presence. I found that Save and Apply did not update the Cius, you must also do a Reset.
  2. Go to the Cius and start the Jabber client (Chat icon). When it asks for credentials the example appears like it wants you to put in the email address of the user. What it is really looking for is the user id plus the Domain Name set in the CUP server. To get this, go to CUP admin, select System > Cluster Topology > Settings. The value is in the Domain Name field.

Example - my email might be eemge@companyabc.com. My Jabber IM client would be something like eemge@abcdef.efx.com

Hi eemge,

Yes, it works. I do the same things.

Thanks,

Heribertus

Eemge -

When you normally sign into CUPC do you use your full email address or just your name? shenderson@abcdef.xyz.com

for example just the shenderson or the full email address.  I have tried the steps you mentioned above and the domain name in CUPS in the same as my email address so there was no difference in how I would log in...

Shawn

seiferjason
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the same issue with the Cius units we have.  We are  receiving "Invalid credentials" and asking to re-enter your  information.  However, we use the same credentials on Cisco Jabber for  Windows and we are able to authenticate.  We have set the Presence and  Chat Server to the hostname of the CUP server and selected Cisco Unified  Presence all with no joy. 

Jason

seiferjason -

You are able to sign in using the Cisco Jabber for Windows?  I havent even been able to sign in on the that..... I also pointed to Presence Server with no joy...  I have a TAC case open on this and they suspect it has something to do with the fact that I use mailid when importing from LDAP...

Shawn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: