Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber import contacts

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

In Jabber we can create manually a Custom Contact (your pizza guy). Is it possible to import a list of custom contacts?

I don't mean import contacts, but custom contacts

Thanks

JH

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no bulk option for non-corporate contacts.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The IMP server has also the option "Non-presence Contact List Import"

What is that? I thought this could import users not associated with IMP/CUCM

Jan

That would be from the admin side, since you were asking about Jabber, I thought you wanted it client side.

HTH

java

Yes, sorry I am talking from the admin/server side. We just want to get a list of contacts to the jabber clients.

We already use AD groups for corporate users which works perfectly. But there is a requirement also to have a group or some groups with non-corporate users. And for each user to add this manually, we would like to make a list of contacts available for all users

Is that possible?

Thanks

Jan

If you mean a centralized list as an AD group, no, that's not possible. You would need to add the pizza guy contacts to each user.

HTH

java

Hi,

Last question, what exactly is the "Non-presence Contact" used for. What can we do with this?

Are there any examples?

Thanks!

Jan

Bulk Export Non-Presence Contact Lists

With the BAT, you can also export all local cluster user's non-presence contact lists to a CSV data file. Non-presence contacts are contacts who do not have a IM address and can only be exported using this procedure.

HTH

java

OK, this is clear now. But I am wondering how you can create contacts without an IM address. Each time you want to create a contact an IM address is required, except for external contacts