Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Intermittent LDAP Lookup

Simon Battye
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

We are experiencing issues when resolving contacts in Jabber, our clients connect to LDAP OK (EDI), some of the contacts on the contact list resolve fine and pull the correct information from AD/LDAP but some users don't automatically update and appear as not available.

For the users that don't automatically update, we are able to search for the user by typing in their name and this then prompts the client to pull the information from LDAP - this is proving that the LDAP directory configuration is set up OK.

When logging in 

We are running the following versions:

CUCM: 10.5.2.13900-12

IMP: 10.5.2.22900-2

Jabber for Windows: 11.8(4)

We have checked for any anomalies in Active Directory on the users that this seems to happen on but we can't see any issues. We are using flexible JID on IMP which doesn't seem to be a problem, if we search users with a different domain they then appear as available and pull the information, we  see the issue happening between users on the same domain too.

Thanks, Simon

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to analyze a PRT from a client when they face the issue to find out why the connection to LDAP is not working.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jamie,

I have a PRT i'm working through at the moment, is there a particular area i should be looking for to troubleshoot this fault?

The client has given me a list of names that are displaying as email address on their contact list since a reset, when he searches for them the information is populated from LDAP.

Hi,

We have the same problem, We are running the following versions

CUCM:10.5.2.14901-1

IMP:10.5.2.24900-8

Jabber:11.7.1

Intermettently user lost directory search but afet reset or quit application reopen the search working fine.

I have open a case but till to day tac don't tell me a solution to resolve the issue.

Attached my logs

Thanks in advance for your help

Yes, attached the jabber config and PRT

I'd remove all the cache files, then have the user log again, and pull a PRT if he still has the same issue. Maybe it's a cache issue in which it's not being updated properly.

HTH

java

Jamie,

I've already tried this, even attempted a re-isntall of the application.

The only oddity i can see at the moment is their uPN compared to their IM address in IMP, not sure if this could cause issues

- UserID is sAMAccountName in CUCM End Users

- Directory URI is mail in CUCM End Users

- IMP is configured to use flexible JID, IM Address and Directory URI are the same: <firstname>.<lastname>@test.com

In AD this is an example of what has been setup:

sAMAccountName: Jbloggs

mail: Joe.Bloggs@test.com

uPN: Jbloggs@test.com

They are using uPN when logging in which populates their userID automatically, they can log in fine via this method but their IM address is actually <firstname>.<lastname>@test.com - would this make a difference??

OK, and was the jabber-config.xml adjusted accordingly?

HTH

java

Yes - XML has been configured to support flexible JID.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: