Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber iPad - Unable to Search Corporate Directory

jilfersalam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are having issues with Jabber for Ipad in CUPS + CUCM integration.

When logging into Presence from Jabber for IPAD, corporate directory cannot be searched as well as already added contacts do not show telephone no: etc . The contact has only the chat, block and delete option.

Cisco Jabber for windows is working fine, as well jabber for iphone.

When jabber for ipad is logged in with only CUCM, then corporate directory can be searched. But it displays the user ID instead of the nickname. Here to iphone works fine. I guess only in CUCM mode the configuration is taken from Product Specific Configuration Layout.

CUCM ver is 9.1.1.20000-5

CUPS Version is 9.1.1-10000-8

Jabber for ipad - 9.2 (21023)

I have configured ipad as TAB and configured UC service and UC porfile played around with most of the valuse, Attaching the screen shot both

Anyone has any comments to make the work corporate directory work in ipad?

19 Replies 19

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hello jilfersalam,

I had the same problem, I could not see the corporate directory from apple devices like mac, ipad and iphone, I do the following and now is working without problem,

In the Directory UC Service I set the 3268 port and then in the UC Service Profile on the username field I set my LDAP username with UPN format for example;

Username: username@example.com

Password: password

Set your LDAP Search Base for example:

OU=CompayA,DC=example,DC=com

Save and apply the changes, then on the IM and Presence server you have to map the LDAP attribute to get the photo contacts, on legacy client menu select settings and then on the photo fiel set your web server url to get photo contacts, for example;

http://webserver/photos/%%sAMAccountName%%.jpg

Save the changes and test on an apple device.

If it is helpful to everyone please rate,

Best regards.

Emmanuel Valdez

Nicolas MICHEL
Level 1
Level 1

What about CUPS 8.6   ?

I am having the same issue and my LDAP is configured correctly. I still can't call directly a user from my contact page ... I have to go through the dial pad and dial the extension ...

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nicolas,

The difference between CUPS 8.6 and CUPS 9.1 is that CUPS 9.1 integrate LDAP through CUCM and not directly like CUPS 8.6, maybe your integration has an issue, you can check your settings in an Apple Mac because into the client settings you can view the parameters that the Mac is acquiring from the CUPS and in an IiPhone or iPad you can not view anything.

Best regards.

Emmanuel Valdez

Hi Emmanuel ,

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCue17347

This is the reason why my Jabber cannot call direclty user using LDAP .... This is kinda a shame ...

Hope Cisco will release that asap !

Thanks !

Emmanuel Valdez
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks to share the bug,

Regards.

Emmanuel Valdez