Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber IPhone 9.5. - video not working on iPhone 5

Kevin Santiago
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just updated a few users to Cisco Jabber Version 9.5.0.153580.  The users on iPhone 4 have video calls that work.  All iPhone 5 users can place calls but video doesn't work.  Anyone else have this issue or a fix?   Thanks.

Cisco Jabber Version 9.5.0.153580

ios 7.0.2

Model iphone 5 – ND293LL/A

CUPS ver 8.6.4.11900-1

CUCM ver 8.6.2

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

qiozhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

could you first confirm if you have uploaded the latest TCT COP file from cisco.com? In this latest COP file

cmterm-iphone-install-130917.cop.sgn "video capability" is by default enabled for every one.

View solution in original post

you can try to add a new TCT device, if the "Video capability" field in the TCT device is by default "disabled", it means you did not install this latest TCT COP file, this COP file has not been included in any device packs yet.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

qiozhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

could you first confirm if you have uploaded the latest TCT COP file from cisco.com? In this latest COP file

cmterm-iphone-install-130917.cop.sgn "video capability" is by default enabled for every one.

Qiongfang,

Thank you for the reply.  Can you tell me how I can confirm if this file has been installed already?  We upgraded recently and have added patches & device packs aswell, is it posible this device update was part of those installed aready?

you can try to add a new TCT device, if the "Video capability" field in the TCT device is by default "disabled", it means you did not install this latest TCT COP file, this COP file has not been included in any device packs yet.

The Cisco web site confuses me on the Jabber cop file.  The release notes listed for: cmterm-iphone-install-130917.cop.sgn (9.5.0) are titled "Cisco Jabber for iPhone 9.5 Release Notes".  Isn't that the app?

Whatever it is, it says under heading "Software Requirements":

UCM 8.6(2)

UCM 9.1(2)

UCM 10.0

Even if the release notes are referring to the app, I don't see how it would make sense to say you need UCM 9.1(2) for Jabber 9.5.0?  It seems to be working fine against our UCM 9.1(1) installation with no cop files.  I don't get what this cop file is for.

We were able to install the Cop file this past Friday and video is not working on the iPhone 5.  video for the iphone 4s never had an issue.  Odd finding was after installing the COP file we needed to edit some of th iPhone 5 users device setttings for the TCT devices. Some of the devices had the new video option on and some had if off, not sure why. 

Thanks for pointing me to the cop file.

Hi Kevin,

Did you have to perform a reload of each server after uploading the COP file?

Thanks,

Amir

Yes a reboot oef each server was required.  And if i recall correctly the documents say to reboot the servers after a cop file install.

abrar.cse
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please let me know what are the video ports that needs to be enabled on the coporate Wifi, i have problem calling between two Iphones, the call is being established but there is no audio and video.  While i can make a successful call between EX60 and Iphone. Doubting on the corporate wifi.

We had to enable peer to peer connections on our wireless lan controller to get this going.  No ports were blocked.  We used the wireless lan controller options in the wireless QOS settings for the 7915G wireless phone documnetion.   Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: