Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber is not able to listen to voicemail

I configured Voicemail Server, Voicemail Profile and Mailstore on CUPS as it says the configuration guide, but when I try to listen to voicemail messages on Jabber for Windows, I only hear noise.  On Jabber for iPhone there is no problem.

Any ideas where to look at??

Thanks,

13 Replies 13

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey JC,

What ports are you using for Mailstore and is Mailstore configured in Voice Mail Profile?

Regards,

Jas

Hello Jas,

I'm using TCP/143 port on Mailstore and yes, the Mailstore is configured in VM Profile.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

dmaccorm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JC,

If your voice messages are marked as secure, you won't be able to listen to them on an unsecure port (143).

You would need to change to secure port (7993) to listen to secure messages.

Regards,

Domhnall

Hi Domhnall,

I just enable secure messages and change port to TLS/7993 on Mailstore, but the same on JFW you just hear noise.  I hear my voicemail message on desk phone and now at the beginning says secure message, so that part is ok.

Any other idea where to look at??

Thanks,

Juan Carlos

Thanks JC,

Do you see the blue progress indicator moving along the message as it is playing back?

Is it the same for all voice messages including new messages that were left since you changed the port number?

Do you hear the messages when you play them through the web interface (http:///inbox)?

Regards,

Domhnall

Hi Domhnall,

There is no indicator when a select to play a message, you can hear a noise and then goes back to play option, ant it's the same, I change the port on Mailstore to TLS/7993, create new message, ant it's the same.

Just to know, on iPhone I can hear secure voice message, also on ViewMail for Outlook and Web Inbox, only on JFW can't.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

Hi JC,

From the description of the behaviour, it sounds like there's a mismatch between the server and client configuration. If the voice message is appearing as secure in the Web Inbox and the JFW Advanced Voicemail configuration is also set to secure (as in this screenshot), then it sounds like it's a problem that will need to be escalated with logs to TAC.

Regards,

Domhnall

Hi Domhnall,

That's the problem, I don't have that option enable (Phone accounts), could you please share your jabber-config.xml file, something is missing.

Thanks for your time and comments.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

Hey Juan,

The Voice Mail Credentials are actually set on CUPS itself. If you don't see Voice Mail credentails option under File -> Options -> Phone Accounts

that means you have set "CUP" as the credentail source on CUPS Admin Page -> Application -> Cisco Jabber -> Settings

That option is fine as long as your end user's account are LDAP Integrated on CUC, however, if they are not integrated with LDAP and only sync'd via CUCM, then you would have to use the Web Application Field.

This is a system-wide setting, so changing the setting from "CUP" to "Not set" credential source for Voicemail will change setting for all users using CUPC and or Jabber.

If you only have Jabber deployed and voice mail is not working, then you can change this and then exit out of Jabber and re-login and now goto File -> Options -> Phone Accounts and enter the Web Application password.

Let me know if that works or if you still need help.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jas,

This is crazy, I made the changes that you said and now the Phone Accounts options it's enable, I input my credencials and it seems that everything it's fine, I end session and login, but when I try to hear a new voicemail message, again only noise.  I try on another PC with same behaviour.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Hi, has this got resolved? We're having the same noise issue whilst attempting to play voicemail from Jabber (for Windows). Voicemail is connection 8.0.3

Have you resolved this issue?

Thanks!

Yes, I solved this issue, and what I did is change the recording format on CUC from G.729a to G.711 u-law and now can listen VM messages on Jabber client.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: