cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login error

DOUG DAVIDSON
Level 5
Level 5

Can someone tell me what the following error means?

2013-03-25 21:34:23,430 ERROR [0x00000e60] [ied\featuresets\adapters\imp\Log.cpp(35)] [JabberWerx] [IMPStackCap::Log::log] - [LoginMgr.dll]: login, OnError, 7

2013-03-25 21:34:23,430 ERROR [0x00000e60] [ied\featuresets\adapters\imp\Log.cpp(35)] [JabberWerx] [IMPStackCap::Log::log] - [JabberWerxCPP.DLL]: JWLoginSink::OnError, lerr:7

2013-03-25 21:34:23,430 INFO  [0x00000e60] [s\adapters\imp\components\Login.cpp(134)] [csf-unified.imp.Login] [IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - ****************************************************************

2013-03-25 21:34:23,430 INFO  [0x00000e60] [s\adapters\imp\components\Login.cpp(135)] [csf-unified.imp.Login] [IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - OnLoginError: 7

2013-03-25 21:34:23,430 INFO  [0x00000e60] [s\adapters\imp\components\Login.cpp(136)] [csf-unified.imp.Login] [IMPStackCap::Login::OnLoginError] - ****************************************************************

2013-03-25 21:34:23,431 INFO  [0x00000e60] [ts\adapters\imp\components\Login.cpp(80)] [csf-unified.imp.Login] [IMPStackCap::LoginErrortoErrorCode] -  LoginErrortoErrorCode: 7

2013-03-25 21:34:23,431 DEBUG [0x00000e60] [imp\listeners\LoginEventListener.cpp(79)] [csf-login-event-listener] [LoginEventListener::OnLoginError] - LoginEventListener::OnLoginError: errCode: UnableToConnectToTheServer

2013-03-25 21:34:23,431 INFO  [0x00000e60] [turesets\adapters\imp\LifeCycle.cpp(688)] [csf-unified.imp.PresenceAdapter.LifeCycle] [LifeCycle::OnAuthenticated] - LifeCycle::OnAuthenticated: 0

2013-03-25 21:34:23,431 DEBUG [0x00000e60] [uresets\adapters\imp\SignOnState.cpp(64)] [csf-unified.imp.PresenceAdapter.SignOnState] [SignOnState::markAuthenticated] - markAuthenticated

Thanks,

Doug

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking at this:

UnableToConnectToTheServer

there might be an issue resolving the name of the server.

What type of Jabber client are you using (J4W, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android)?

Are you pointing to IMP server's IP address, hostname, FQDN, SRV?

Chris

kickswitch
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue.  A Cisco rep suggested I add the CUPS and CUCM servers to the hosts file, but I collected my logs after trying to connect by using the IP address....hostname, FQDN, IP, all fail intermitently, usually in the morning.  Wait some time, an hour or two, the client connects.

I forgot to mention this is using Jabber for Windows 9.1.4

Joshua Sandi
Level 1
Level 1

you might not be able to connect to the CUPS Server from the client you're using or at least to resolve the name, try to ping the hostname, if it doesn't work you can try with the IP then add the entry to your hostfile or DNS Server.

Please remember to rate helpful responses.

Hi Luis,

You mentioned that:

"I collected my logs after trying to connect by using the IP address....hostname, FQDN, IP, all fail intermitently"

When you see this problem again, can you try following:

• Have users go to File > Connection Settings and click Save without changing anything
  • Then click Sign On again

If above works you could be hitting a known bug (CSCua29271).

Doug,

OnLoginError: 7  could be due to the above defect or a server side issue. Is the affected user connecting to a subscriber? It could be due to the corruption of authentication database on CUP in which case you should a raise a TAC case for CUP. You may also review the TAC case 623723239 on the url below which had same error reported.

https://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/query/

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Thank you for the info!  I looked at the config file I collected and it did have that FALSE flag.  I notified the user of the fix and to try it next time this happens.  So is this a one time fix or will it need to be done every time a connect fails?  I did add the addresses to the host file.

I have another case that is similar, but not the same:  User has an incredibly long connect time, especially after bootup.  Can take 3-4 minutes, often fails.  With this hangup/timeout, it will lock up much of the systems resources.  After this attempt, the client usually connects, but may mean exiting out of the client and opening it again.  It seems that upgrading from 9.1.0>9.1.4 made this connect time even longer, and adding the addresses to the host file did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Luis

Hi Luis,

User will need to do this every time they encounter the problem untill the defect is fixed. Regarding second one, please raise a TAC case as this will need further investigation.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: