cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Login Issue

sysman
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the Jabber client, version 9.0.5 on a users computer running Windows 7 64bit. When they enter their user credentials to login in, it attempts to download a SAML2AuthService.xml file, and will not authentica the user.

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have SSO enabled in your organization? Can you attach a problem report (Help-> Report a problem...) from failed login attempt with this thread for investigation. If you do not want to attach problem report here then please open a support case with Cisco TAC.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Yes, we have SSO enabled. Should I include a memory dump in the problem report?

No, not required for this unless client is crashing. Please create PRT as below:

- Exit Jabber

- Delete all logs from C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Logs

- Start Jabber and attempt sign in. Wait for a minute and create problem report (Help -> Report a problem)

- If you dont get to the logged in stage, then exit client and create problem report from Jabber menu in start menu->All Programs

- Attach report with this thread

Thanks,

Maqsood

Problem report has been attached to the original post.

I have the same issue on a corporate PC. Jabber version version 11.8.3 Build 51659. Unable to sign in to Jabber - hangs up in "Signing in..." screen and pops up a file download message pointing to SAML2AuthService.xml file. Screen capture of the popup message is attached. The following fixes were attempted, but the problem still persists:

- Uninstalled/reinstalled Jabber

- Uninstalled/reinstalled WebEx productivity tools

- Reset Jabber

- Cleared Internet Explorer and Chrome caches and reset all browser settings to nominal

Attempted to attach a problem report, but .zip files are not supported as attachments.