Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber login user local CUCM

Hi guys

I'm installing the CUCM and CUP in version 12, but I need use the local user of the CUCM for register Cisco Jabber (Version 12.6).

I receive "Unable to communicate with server",  tryed configured one user with @ exemple use1@cup.local but without success, if I input with a domain wrong, exemple user1@cucm.local I receive the message user or password wrong.

Have any form that I can login using user local of the CUCM?

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

This could be a DNS issue. Try below and see that works

Modifying the host file on your windows PC. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Add the cucm entry in host file , reset your jabber and manually mention the cucm ip for login and then check.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Ratheeth Hi!

I face a similar problem, while I have manually enter the IP address of my CUCM on Jabber to avoid DNS issues. Can you suggest any "easy" way on troubleshooting, for example via RTMT?

PS I have successfuly confirm the local user credentials via login in the Self-Care Portal

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hi, 

Just to add a couple of points; 

Ensure that you have configured DNS SRV records in your internal DNS server to resolve to Cisco call manager IP/FQDN and CUP IP/FQDN. 

This will avoid using local host file and manual entry of IP/FQDN while login to the Cisco Jabber client. 

Since you have mentioned release 12, ensure that you had used FQDN of IM and Presence in the Cisco communication manager server list. 

Best way to troubleshoot Jabber client login issue is to look into the Jabber Problem report / Diagnostic tool - ( Ctrl+Shift+D). 

Regards,

Shalid 

Hi,

I caned connect the jabber, I configuratied srv in cisco router and include the CUCM in the xml.

But the voice mail button dont appear

Obs: I configured the UC services and xml 

I’m a bit confused with your descriptions here.

If you open Jabber and your Jabber config does not include the voicemail enabled key as false, the voicemail item should be displayed - for on prem.

It may not work but you’ll see it.

Start with the configuration and ensure that you don’t touch that key. The UC service and service profiles will steer the server , and the auth source , avoiding errors.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can also specify the server if you don't have DNS setup, by using the advanced connectivity options when you sign in to the client.

Assuming you're not using the directory URI scheme

With CUP being the authenticator it is going to want your userID in there to work to be able to sign in, so you'd want to ensure that the user you are looking at it synchronized, and enabled for IM and presence in the UCM, with Home Cluster checked.

The IDs should match between UCM and IMP.