cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA built in bridge recording

harresh123
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get the BIB recording working over MRA. We are running Expressways 12.5.1 and was told that BIB recording is supported in this version but I can't get it to work. The SIP path headers are turned on the C's. Are there any firewall ports needing to be open for Built in bridge to work? Curious to hear thoughts from people who got this to work.

3 Replies 3

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We have mra on jabber using laptop working with BiB, didnt have to do anything special - turn on bib, apply recording profile.

It isnt supported on mobile devices to which you need gw recording with split rtp at the gw to the recorder

Level 1
Level 1

I am too having this issue.   I cannot figure out why the calls are not recording for remote users.  Unfortunately it is hard to pinpoint where the issue lies.   Did you find a solution? 

Level 1
Level 1

Just to let you know, I figured it out!   On your expressway-C do you have all the nodes on your B2B Zone (This zone must have port 5066 and transport TCP).   If you do not,  Make a B2B Zone with the port 5066 and add all of your subscribers to it.  I found that I didn't have all of mine which was causing the issue.   You also need to have port 5066 enabled on those subscribers.  To see if 5066 is enabled go to the Cisco Unified OS Administrator for each subscriber node >> Show >> IP preferences >> search for port number 5066 for protocol TCP & UDP.  I don't know how to enable them though but I found if they weren't enabled on that subscriber I won't be able to do recording on MRA devices subscribed to that node.