Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber MRA no voice and video

Tommy .
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I had Jabber MRA and can Login via Internet , but when i call to internal endpoint the voice and video is not working , and also in internal endpoint there is no packet transmit from outside to internal

attached is the jabber MRA log ,

anyone can help me with this ?

Regards,

Tommy

9 Replies 9

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tommy,

Without seeing the Expressway-C and Expressway-E it's hard to say for sure. A few questions for you.

What is your full CUCM version?

Is your Expressway-E Single or Dual NIC?

Do you have a 1:1 Static NAT for the Expressway-E?

If you are doing Static NAT is Static NAT Mode enabled and the Static NAT Address configured on the Expressway-e?

-P

Hi Paul

my CUCM full version is 10.5.1.10000-7

Expressway-E is single NIC

I use 1:1 static NAT for Expressway E

static NAT mode is on on expressway E and I configure the static NAT IP same as the expressway private IP address

and also when i test call from Jabber MRA on the internet into the video endpoint in internal i check the firewall log from internet to Expressway E(DMZ) there is no packet in the log , but when i test ping there is ICMP packet

Regards,

Tommy

The Static NAT address is supposed to be the Public IP of the Expressway-E. Otherwise the Expressway-E is going to add the private IP into the SDP body of the SIP messaging. This will result in the Jabber device sending media to the DMZ address instead of the public.

Hi Paul ,

do you mean this yellow IP in Expressway E  must be the NAT IP address?

I had try to change that IP to Public IP and I got Error

in firewall I NAT the 192.168.6.2 to Public IP Address

regards,

Tommy

Regards,

Tommy

Tommy,

What you have highlighted is incorrect. That value should be 202.169.42.226. I base the public DNS value of the collab-edge record for domain bahanatcw.com.

-P

Dear Paul,

I had change that IP static NAT address but the voice and video still not working.

Regards,

Tommy

Hi Paul ,

After I Open TAC , my configuration for single NIC is not working , because in single NIC , the expressway C must able to ping Expressway E IP Public, but

in my internal DNS is not allowed , so I had to change to dual NIC in Expressway E and it's working now.

Regards,

Tommy

Hello Tommy .:

Your can tell me how to solve the no audio problem.

I configure dual NIC and enable the expe ipv4 static ip nat mode .

but the prolbem still exist.

Hi Tommy,

We ran into similar problem, and found out that our VPN connection (Citrix netscaler) was not using IP pooling to assign IP addresses to each VPN client, it just let the VPN client use its remote router assigned IP.

We had to change our VPN design so IP address pooling can be used. We now have audio in both directions.

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: