cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber multi-line in desk phone control mode

mgowland
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, it appears as though Jabber does not yet support controlling all lines when controlling a deskphone with multiple lines - it will only "see" the first line.  Ideally it should handle this the same as Jabbers multiline feature when using Jabber in soft phone mode (which works really well). Does anyone know if this feature will be added and if so, any ideas on time-frame?

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

As of now (ver 12.6) , Multiline Support—Cisco Jabber introduces Multiline support for desktop clients. Multiline allows your users to perform various tasks using more than one configured line or phone number. You can configure up to 8 lines in softphone mode. When you enable multiline and your users access Cisco Jabber using a Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) deployment, only the primary line is supported. 

Multiline

Jabber doesn't currently support configuration of two lines with same number associated with different partitions.

To get the roadmap, I suggest you touch base with your SE/AM

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Is this feature (i.e. support for multiline when in desk phone control mode) already part of the roadmap???

Hi there

I suggest you should approach your Cisco AM/SE and not to violate the NDA as roadmaps cant be discussed on public forums.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Hi,

Just to make sure I am understanding the multiline correctly, Jabber multiline is only supported in softphone mode, when using with desk phone control you still only have control for your primary line and cannot answer or use any of your other lines on your desk phone?

Thanks

Rob.

Hi there

Multiline

Applies to Cisco Jabber desktop clients.

You can configure multiple phone lines for your users to perform daily Cisco Jabber tasks. You can add up to 8 phone lines per user. You can configure multiline for your users on Cisco Services Framework (CSF) device.

Multiline is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 11.5 SU3 and later. However, if you are using Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 11.5 SU3 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 12.0, you must manually install the Cisco Options Package (COP) file on all cluster node and restart Cisco Unified Communications Manager to enable multiline.

After you have installed and configured Multiline, your users can:
  • Select a preferred line for making calls.

• View missed calls and voicemails.

• Use call forwarding, transfers, and conference calls on all lines.

Multiline supports the following features on all lines:
  • Far End Camera Control (FECC) and Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)

• Hunt groups

• Call recording and silent monitoring

• Shared line, dial rules, and directory lookup

• Accessory manager

If Multiline is enabled, these features are only available on the primary line:
  • Call pickup

• CTI control for the desk phone

• Extend & Connect

Expressway for Mobile and Remote Access deployment

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Doug Davidson
Level 4
Level 4

I believe 12.7 now allows for multi-line deskphone control.

Thanks,

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: