Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber new users - Username and Password Incorrect

morabusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing an issue when trying to create new users in the CUCM to connect to Jabber. Old users are working properly. I am not using AD, all users are created locally in the CUCM and we don not have expressway.I have checked that new users are correctly binded to the presence server (we did this manually) and we have restarted the presence server. Any idea about what coould be happening? 

- CUCM: 10.5.2

- Presence Server: 10.5.1

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried disabling the users for IM&P and then enabling them again? making sure they're assigned to an IM&P node

If no avail, you'll need to review a PRT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In addition to Jaime's suggestion, I have to ask the obvious question about the underlying config:

• User 'owns' the CSF device (and user associated with the DN for proper presence info)
  • CSF device is associated in the End User account
  • Home Cluster and Presence checkboxes are checked in the End User account
  • Service Profile assigned to the End User with a UC service pointing to the IMP server
  • End User in the Standard CCM End Users access control group (and others as necessary)

It's easy to miss the thousand-and-one small requirements to make Jabber work, especially if it's been a while since you've configured new users.

Maren

Hello,

Thank you for everyone time and Assistance. We have found the issue getting  logs from jabber and then following the Cisco suggestions after analyze with the tool. We have found an issue with the Cisco Sync Agent not running properly in the presence server and it does not start even after restarting the server. We currently have a case open to TAC. Thank you.

Best Regards.