cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber not connect to services on CUCM with mobile data (over Anny Connect)

Andres Bonilla
Level 1
Level 1

On Apple devices, Any Connect is used as a VPN client and then access to voice and instant messaging services. While using a Wi-Fi network as a means, all services start without problems.

However, when using a mobile data plan, even though the VPN connection over Any Connect works and has connection to the internal network, the services do not start.

Attach a couple of images with both cases.

Any suggestions that might be causing the services not to work while you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network?

1 Reply 1

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

From the screenshots, I can see that your cellular provider is T-Mobile. I saw the exact same issue on this thread for Apple devices while connecting via LTE or 4G. Android devices works fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cisco/comments/7hnj57/issues_with_cisco_jabber_mobile_on_tmobile_data/
The solution says, T-Mobile assigns ipv6 addresses natively, with ipv4 support provided through some form of carrier grade NAT or other ipv4 tunnel. Some ipv4 servers/services don't like that. I had the same issue with my OpenVPN server on T-Mobile's LTE network because I didn't have AAAA records setup in DNS (for ipv6 name resolution). Once I created the AAAA record and pointed my VPN client at that address rather than the ipv4 A record, it worked perfect.

Also try upgrading the IOS to latest and Jabber as well.

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: