Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber on iphone ringtone

rogierboeken
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have configured jabber client with my CUCM 8.6.2 and unity connection 8.6...., visual vmail a thing of beauty)

all seems to work fine except one really annoying issue

i have integrated it with my deskphone and when my extension rings i can see the iphone receiving the call (connected via wifi) but there is no ringtone

in settings i have tried both normal and loud ringtone and i can hear the ringtone when i select it in settings as well (so it is working, just not when receiving a call)

the volume is up. if i call the mobile number it rings fine, all other sounds is fine (for instance when receiving email it makes a noise)

anyone else having this particular issue.

it kind of makes the iphone useless as deskphone as it is not ringing

many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had something similar happen to me a week or 2 ago.

It was just vibrating, while all other iPhone sounds were very loud, just like you described.

I recall what I did to correct it, and get it to ring again, was to hold the physical volume UP button in the side of the iPhone WHILE it was ringing to the Jabber client.   It seems that that volume is adjusted only in that event.

Give it a try.  maybe thats all it is.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I had something similar happen to me a week or 2 ago.

It was just vibrating, while all other iPhone sounds were very loud, just like you described.

I recall what I did to correct it, and get it to ring again, was to hold the physical volume UP button in the side of the iPhone WHILE it was ringing to the Jabber client.   It seems that that volume is adjusted only in that event.

Give it a try.  maybe thats all it is.

hi

i think my iphone vibrate function is broken as it was completely silent

but i did what you mentioned while in the settings field and it worked

now when the iphone rings (jabber client) i can hear the incoming call and am actually able to answer it

as an fyi when i press the volume up or down button while the jabber ringtone rings it goes completely silent again. maybe that is why it did not work when i tried your suggestion of presing up button while it was ringing the jabber client but it worked great in the settings (where you select normal or loud ringtone)

thanks for helping resolve!!

Most excellent.