cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber on Windows 10 Not Saving Audio Settings After Reboot

mbernardo1
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Jabber Audio Settings are not being saved or remembered after a reboot. I have set the audio settings to use the Headset Earphone/Microphone and clicked Apply then OK. Calls are sent and received properly through the headset. However, whenever Windows reboots, and Cisco Jabber opens, the Audio settings are automatically changed to use the built-in Speakers/Microphone. Please help.

• Jabber Version: 10.6.2 Build 59142
  • External Headset: Plantronics C310-M
  • Internal Audio: Realteck HD Audio
35 Replies 35

Hi.

You are probably hitting bug CSCus78888 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus78888

Try the suggested workaround and let me know if it works.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I followed the reccommended steps for the work-around and it does not work.  Are there any other ideas about how to get Jabber to retain the headset/ringer setttings?

I followed the steps under https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus78888

After closing Jabber and rebooting, the settings did not hold.

Hi

I have never found the work around specified in CSCus78888 to work either. Assuming you too are using a Windows 10 PC, try this:-

In Cisco Jabber, click the gear icon at the top right hand corner.

1). Click "Settings".

2). Click "Audio".

3). Select your preferred speaker and microphone options.

4). Click "Apply".

5). Drag the grey scroll bar down on the right of the settings dialogue box until you see "Advanced >>".

6). Click "Advanced>>".

7). There will be 3 dialogue boxes with the headings "Ringer/Alerts":, "Speaker:" and "Microphone": Under "Speaker:" and "Microphone", you will see the selections you made at step 3 with a blue tick against them but they may not be listed as the first option at the top of their respective lists.

8). Click on your preferred option so that it is highlighted , (in my case I have Headset Earphone (2-Jabra Evolve 20 MS) and Headset Microphone (2-Jabra Evolve 20 MS)) and use the arrows underneath each dialogue box to re-order the list so that your preferred options, i.e the one with the blue ticks are the first item listed in their respective lists.

9). Click "Apply" .

10). Click "OK" to close the dialogue box. The screen shot below may help.

[cid:image001.png@01D7898F.E6E142D0]

Thank you.

That worked.

Is anyone able to open this screenshot as am not able to open it?

Hi

Sorry about that. Is this any better?

[cid:image001.png@01D80C46.64DD7A30]

Not sure what you do when trying to attach the image, but it is not coming through.

image.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger

It is just a PNG that I'd attached to the reply sent from my Outlook client.

That explains it. AFAIK that does not work. You'll have to actually be on the community web page at https://community.cisco.com and use this function to post a picture.

image.png

Response Signature

Hi Roger

Ah my bad. Thanks for the advice and I'll try and upload from the forum's web page as soon as I get a minute.

All the best

Hi Isacc

Third time lucky....I hope.Cisco Jabber Advanced SettingsCisco Jabber Advanced Settings

Thank you so much. That worked for me.

nikhilrajan
Level 1
Level 1

i had similar issue and it got resolved by changing the preference setting under advance tab in Jabber client.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: