Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Persistent chat history

Edip Gumuskaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a query regarding chat history on Jabber.

We have setup Persistent Group Chat to log chat History using postgres database and chat room history and this works fine. This is perfect for keeping chat room logs on the server

My question is why do I not the see the same server-side chat history with an individual contact. The chat history only logs to a local file location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History.

If the local file is deleted then the user has lost their chat history. Also not sure If our compliance team would like to have the chat history files stored locally.

Is this in the road-map? Have I missed something in the config that allows server-side history for one-to-one chat configs?

CUCM: 9.1.2

CUPS: 9.1.1

Jabber: 10.5

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the compliance feature is geared towards management, not end users.

You can enable/disable local log, on supported clients, and it's a all or none setting.

Roadmap question cannot be addressed here, post in the partner's forum or reach your SE/AM for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for confirming that it is not a config I have missed.

I have a similar situation.  I'm not interested in the history of the chats for compliance purposes, nor am I interested in group chat persistence, but I would like for the chats to sync up across devices.  Currently if I respond to a chat on my iPhone then when I get back to my desk those messages are still unread on my Windows client and it has no record of the messages I sent from my  iPhone.  Does enabling persistent chat rooms address this issue as well or is this just a limitation of the system currently?  We just install all of this within the last couple of weeks and are on the latest versions of UCM, IM&P, Expressway, etc.  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: