Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phone Function (easy access)

m.vanheukelum
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

When having Jabber 4 iPhone and a regular phone call comes in, you will have to unlock the home screen with your PIN, go to the APP and answer the call. Would it be possible to answer it directly without the need for logging in to your phone? It would make the app even better.

Regards,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kwuhrman@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately this is an iOS limitation where unlocking of the phone is required for any interaction with a 3rd party app including VoIP apps. 

Thanks,

Karin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kwuhrman@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately this is an iOS limitation where unlocking of the phone is required for any interaction with a 3rd party app including VoIP apps. 

Thanks,

Karin

Thanks Karin, does this count for the Android app as well?

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

The PIN can be bypassed on Android, i.e. you can answer a call with Android without entering the PIN. 

Thanks,

Karin

Sounds like a good advantage for Android phones.

Thanks Karin!

Martin

Hi Karin,

Would you happen to know if there are any future plans to work with Apple on making this a bit easier especially now that Apple is trying to get into the enterprise market? Most of my users are iPhone\iPad users and although they really like Jabber this is the only negative issue they are constantly reporting.

Thanks

Manny

Hi Manuel,

Apologies, but I can't speak to what changes Apple will make.

Thanks,

Karin

keesuke.tanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karin,

I've seen, that with version 11 of jabber 4 iphone it is possible to accept a phone call

without unlocking the iphone (just swipe left and press the answer button).

The only thing I'm missing now is a button to end a call.

Is it possible to integrate this feature in a future release?

Regards

Keesuke

Hi Keesuke,

Appreciate the input.  We will pass that on.

Thanks,

Karin