Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Poor Call Quality

msmalik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Jabber 12.x version is being installed on a VDI and When using Jabber, the call quality is poor. I have tested both internal extension and external phones.

Apart from this Jabber on windows is working perfectly fine. 

Call audio is very jumbled and drops in and out.

The call flow is : VDI > WAN> LAN> Presence Server 
Just wondering what are the tests I can conduct to identify the issue here and how to conduct those tests?

Sorry being a collab newbie, still figuring my way around stuff. 

2 Replies 2

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI there

Cisco Jabber chat and presence are supported in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure deployments. However, because of a limitation known as the hairpin effect, calling and video capability are not supported. The additional bandwidth required for calls and video creates a bottleneck at the data center.

Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI extends the Cisco collaboration experience to virtual deployments. With a supported version of Cisco Jabber for Windows, users can send and receive phone calls on their hosted virtual desktops (HVD). The Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI software automatically detects the virtual environment. To reduce latency and to enhance media quality, Cisco Jabber Softphone for VDI streams media between the endpoints without going through the hosted virtual desktops.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jvdi/14_0/dig/jvdi_b_deploy-install-jvdi-14-0/jvdi_b_deploy-install-jvdi-12-9_chapter_01.html#reference_604C0BA354DBF3F8DE33EF968660D6D5

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***

As @Ratheesh Kumar wrote there is a specific variant of Jabber for VDI. Is that what your deployed or are you using the standard variant of Jabber on your VDIs as well? If so that’s not recommended or supported.

Response Signature