cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber pop ups for Webex meetings fail to launch meeting when pushed

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

My workstation has multiple browsers installed, IE (old version 8), Firefox and Chrome.  Firefox is the default and is at the current version.

When Jabber notifies me of a meeting and presents the pop up box, I push the button to join the meeting.  This launches Firefox, but it then comes up and complains about an unsupported browser.  

I can take the exact same URL, close the browser, open a new one and paste in the URL, and it works flawlessly.  

I cannot figure out what is causing this.  Has anyone else seen/resolved this?

TIA

CLiff

2 Replies 2

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber uses Internet Explorer for rendering HTML content. As far as i know, Jabber is linked with your IE although Firefox is your default browser.

Could you update your Internet Explorer and try again? Latest Jabber clients do not support IE8.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_6/jabw_b_releasenotes-for-ciscojabberforwindows-116.html#reference_B1CBCD0DD956387C5E93EC4AB31B9CBC

Wow....that's a bad one.  Some of the other things I have to use do not support the newer browsers....and that's the whole reason IE8 is on there. 

Is there any way to turn that browser check off?  It's launching Firefox, but for it to be refusing to connect because of a browser that isn't even being used is kind of silly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: