cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber presence showing offline

mmrkoci92
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with new deployment of jabber, CUCM version 11.5.1.16900-16, IMP version 11.5.1.16910-12. 

There are 2 presence nodes working in HA mode. When I assign users to either same or different presence node, they see each other as unavailable and obv. I am unable to send any messages. 

I have configured everything as per configuration guide, there i SIP trunk which is up between IMP and CUCM, I configured it as GW on IMP and also added it under CUCM IM and Presence Publish Trunk in IMP. 

When I check Presence viewer for user I see the other side as online even though in jabber client its showing unavailable. I've been through other similar topics here on community but was unable to find an answer. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmrkoci92
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue actually, it was due to different IM address on IMP node and on jabber user profile in jabber client. 

It's described here in detail: https://community.cisco.com/t5/audio-and-video-endpoints/jabber-im-address-being-displayed-wrong/td-p/3540760

Thanks for help.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3
Hi

Do both users have the same service profile in CUCM enduser configuration?

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes both users have same SP as I have created only one so far. 

Hi

So you enabled the user for IM&P in the service section of the user configuration in CUCM.

Hm, might it be, that your Jabber only is in phone mode and you are not registered for im&p?

What do you see, when you press CTRS+SHIFT+D when Jabber is in front of your desktop/notebook?

Cheers

Peter

Hi, 

it's not in phone only mode, in my service profile I have UC service for IMP and presence which points to IMP servers. When I click ctrl + shift + D, or just click show connection status under help, I see that jabber client is connected to IMP server successfully. 

Thanks, 

Matija

Hello Matija

Have you ever restarted the presence engine server or even better the whole server?

Do you see errors in the system troubleshooter of IM&P?

Cheers

Peter

Hi, 

yes I had a problem with log in, so I did restart of the server as everything else seemed fine, after that I was able to log in, but now presence is not working. I will try restarting PE today and post results. 

Thanks, 
Matija

Still the same after PE restart. 

Thanks, 
Matija

Hello

Have you ever tried with this troubleshooting guide: https://info.stack8.com/blog/troubleshooting-cisco-jabber-offline-status

Hope this helps

Peter

Thanks Peter, yes I've seen this, it's not relevant to my issue. 

On CUCM when I check presence status for my user I see the correct status, I also see correct status of my contacts, however on my client, all contact and all users are shown as offline. Same is for other users, it's not only me having the issue. 

mmrkoci92
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue actually, it was due to different IM address on IMP node and on jabber user profile in jabber client. 

It's described here in detail: https://community.cisco.com/t5/audio-and-video-endpoints/jabber-im-address-being-displayed-wrong/td-p/3540760

Thanks for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: