Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Presence Status on Win8

skdutta20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This could be a compatibility issue, or we have some resolution inplace for this for sure. We have found that the Jabber Presence status is not synchronizing in the Outlook Client & SharePoint.

This scenario has been observed with Jabber ( 11.7.1) on Windows 8 devices. Issue persists with Office 2013 & Office 2016.

As a fact we know that the jabber presence has dependency on the Office DLL ( Name.dll).

We already have tried disabling & re-registering the DLL in the workstations. No luck.

If anyone has any experience as same, can you please share some comments if there is any resolution for this issue.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just curious to know if you have gone thru this doc.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/118750-technote-jabber-00.html

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Ratheesh,

I appreciate your help, the document which you have shared I verified all them. They looks ok.

Not sure what else we can check. A little more insight on the case, we do not see this issue on other OS we use e.g. Win 7 & Win X. Its Only Win 8 on which the jabber presence is not syncing.

Not sure may be need to discuss this with Cisco Support.

Thanks again my friend !

tryinmybest
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the individual user logs for errors? 

We're in the process of attempting to track down our own somewhat similar issue, as since upgrading half our environment to 12.0 from 11.5., Presence will not sync with Outlook. Our best leads have come from information gathered from the user logs. It's still a frustrating problem without a solution though.