Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Screen sharing loggins

arielmedel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

some of our customer is looking for to audit a user who had shared his screen with other user with sensitive information. my question is : Is it there any way to see if the user has been sharing his screen? I´ve tried with history message using SQLLite tool and the information I got were chat message and files transfer ... not the screen sharing. 

Thanks in advanced.

6 Replies 6

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

What version of Cisco Jabber do you have?

Hello,

this is a mix of 10.6 and 11.8.2

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no , it is not possible to track who shared the screen to whom and for for how many times.

Do you know if there is some product for other vendors maybe, that could collect this information? or this isn't tracked in any DB record ?

There's a parameter called ScreenShareAuditMessages, see;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_0/RN/JABW_BK_C5E7828C_00_cisco-jabber-windows-11-release-notes.html

You must be running Cisco IM&Presence v11.x and I believe, Cisco Jabber v11.8.x. IMs sent between 10.6 and 11.8.x wouldn't be captured via IM Compliance.

Sorry... meant to say, screen sharing between 10.6 and 11.8.x wouldn't be captured via IM Compliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: