cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber SDK Capabilities

Jacob8920
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently a CS student who is attempting to build something out of the Jabber SDK for a call center, and was hoping to get some senior level opinions on whether these ideas are possible to build out and maybe some steps on where to begin.

I'm attempting to build a client specific to this call center, who currently uses Jabber. The client would have all of the functionality of Jabber, but with additional features to streamline workflow at  the center. Some of these features include:

- Track calls and call duration, compile average call time per employee

- Allow each call to be marked uniquely if a sale is made, a lead is found, or no sale is made / the number is a dead end.

- Track sales when sales are made

Would adding these features be possible? Would they have to be integrated into a web-application version of Jabber, or can I make a .exe client outside of a web browser? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SDK is handled over at DevNet, might want to ask over there, but it seems you might be confusing the responsibilities of a UC endpoint with responsibilities from other systems.

Jabber registers to CUCM, and you get CDR records to track calls, length of the call, etc. Depending on what UCC system they have, that system might generate other CDR info with other data like hold and queues, so, no need to develop anything for that.

The other tasks, those are not from a UC endpoint, those are tasks from a CRM system.

My 2 cents on what you're trying to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: