cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - Search for phone Numbers (extensions)

Marc Richter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

as on the old Cisco Personal Communicator there was a possibillity to search for extension numbers on the search field. If I enter an extension number on the Jabber Client on Windows, there is no Name and Picture shown from this employee. For example, if you type in 1234 in the field it just says "call 1234" but I want so find the employee which extension is 1234.

On the jabber-config.xml I already tryed the UDS and EDI method.

So I'm just asking if there is a general problem with this function or if this is just an configuration issue. If it would help, I'll post the jabber-config.xml.

Thanks for a reply.

regards

Marc

5 Replies 5

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

Currently this is not supported. It is tententively planned for 9.4 which has no current release date.

Thanks,

- Colin

I am on 10.5 and we are still unable to search by phone number / extension

Thank you Jaime, 

I managed to make this to work. I had to enable ANR and index telephoneNumber AD Attribute, following the link below: Indexing in Active Directory

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 11.00.18.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 10.59.08.png

Untitled picture.png

I manage to make this to work with Jaime's valuable help. You have to enable indexing and ANR for AD telephoneNumber attribute 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/jabber-search-for-phone-numbers-extensions/m-p/3718136/highlight/true#M37866

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: