cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber service discovery and DNS design

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dealing with deployment of Jabber/Expressway MRA at a large company.  The company uses a different domain externally than they do internally.  

External:  bigCompany.com

Internal: bigCompanyUS.inc

The company has NOT registered a domain with the TLD of .inc

Users have e mail addresses of user@bigCompany.com, but log into an internal domain of bigCompanyUS.inc.

The Jabber 12.5 planning guide shows what you can create a URL to get the client to recognize a services domain. 

Something like:

ciscojabber://provision?servicesdomain=bigCompany.com&VoiceServicesDomain=bigCompany.inc&ServiceDiscoverExcludedServices=WEBEX

All well and good.  So, I created a web page with an embedded URL as above embedded in an anchor tag so I can tell the user to "click here".  

So when I get the page up, I can see my click here like I expect, and when I hover over it, I see the underlying URL text above.  But, when I click on it, nothing happens.  If I select open in a new window with Firefox, Firefox returns a page that says:

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ciscojabber) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

Okay....so, what now?  The planning guide is incredibly vague on this.  In the past, you created a custom config file named something like jabber-config-user.xml  And you buried the config info in there.  But jabber doesn't appear to have any XML files in the config folders now.

I'm a bit confused.  Can anyone help unconfuse me here?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: