cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber share screen not working

lorenz84gDD
Level 1
Level 1

According to some messages on this forum and the cisco documentation jabber screen share should be supported on all the platform out there. It seems not to be anymore the case with the latest releases.

I tested the share screen feature (Jabber 11.7.1) with Windows 7, Windows 10 and MAC. This is what I've found:

J4W(7) to J4W(7) OK

J4W(7) to J4W(10) NOT ok, also viceversa is not working

J4W(10) to J4W(10) OK

J4M to J4M OK

J4M to (the rest of the world) NOT ok

Sip profile is configured for bfcp.

Is anybody aware of a workaround to this issue that seems to be a bug? I would expect to see OK everywhere in the above table.

L

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com
2 Replies 2

mbowden7
Level 1
Level 1

A few things you can do is check it SIP profile for that device or phone, SIP profile for if that is a truck, and check Enterprise to make sure BFCP is enable.

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Are you aware, that there are different type of screen sharing within jabber?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_8/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118/cjab_b_planning-guide-jabber-118_chapter_0111.html

When you are in a video call and press "share screen" you will get BFCP Screen share. This is the version which should work with all clients.

When starting screen sharing from a chat session you are usually going to use IM Only Screen Share. According to what you are describing I think you are using this one?
This type of screen sharing uses RDP, can be used with jabber for windows and needs direct connection between the clients. There are often issues with firewalls/client firewalls eg.