Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber softphone not connected

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i have problem, i have deployed CM and IM v10.5 i followed the doc guide and the summary my config like this :

CM :  hostname use IP, add CSF device and user, associate user and device, check dns can resolve, uc service has created, service profile us  created and use UDS, all service has activated, etc

IM  : presence topology looks OK all services activated, gateway is ip address of CM, TFTP server has configured to ip of CM, CCMCIP profile has created and use ip of CM and use any certificate, also users has been added to all presence setting.

but jabber cannot connected to the CSFdevice. and FYI i didn't use jabber config generator. am i have to use xml file

here is copy of connection status

Softphone - Unhealthy
Protocol: SIP
Reason:Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance.
Address: 172.18.1.107 (CCMCIP)

Deskphone - None
Protocol: CTI
Address: 172.18.1.107 (CTI)

Presence - Healthy
Address: 172.18.1.108
Protocol: XMPP
Port: 5222

Outlook address book - Healthy
Protocol: MAPI
Address: Outlook

Directory - Unhealthy
Reason:Connection error.
Protocol: LDAP
ErrorCannot contact the server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check if the CSF device is associated to the user page as well in the device page.

Check if the hostname and FQDN of 172.18.1.107 are reachable from the client machine. (PING)

Plesae attach the logs if the above does not resolve.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check if the CSF device is associated to the user page as well in the device page.

Check if the hostname and FQDN of 172.18.1.107 are reachable from the client machine. (PING)

Plesae attach the logs if the above does not resolve.

Hi all,

thanks for help, all of you were right the problem is fqdn resolving, i have check it and found that there is different DNS used by users in network, after i add collab record in all DNS, the problem going over.

Regards,

acer

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on cucm admin page; System\ server; are the server defined by ip address or just hostname? If the servers are defined by hostname ; is the PC able to resolve it ; if not then the csf wont register.

Make sure that the end user is made owner of the device in the CSF device "phone configuration" page. And in user management\enduser page the device should be listed as the controlled device.

poojasingh.dxb1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

Go to "User Management>End User>" search and select your client Then  in "Permissions Information" box click on "add to access control group" then search and select "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf" .