Helpful
Replies

Jabber to Jabber in MRA not working

yeruel77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I was working on MRA,

Since in the internal network Jabber client to jabber client working fine, and Jabber to Hardphone is working fine as well.

But the problem is on MRA, jabber to jabber chat is work, but call is seems delay to call. Jabber from MRA to internal Hardphone is working fine. 

How to solve from jabber to Jabber call?

8 Replies 8

Is issue only for Jabber (external) to Jabber (external) or for jabber (external) to jabber (internal) too

Hello Niyadh Vellachalil

the problem is on both as you mentioned.

What is the version of Expressway in use?.
Are you using Dual NIC or Single NIC for Edge server?.

It is Single NIC,

It was working before a week, our deployment is not dual, it is single.

it is version X8.7.3.

Sometimes it working , and not working. It is not stable. 

see attached may be it will be somthing

This warning is ok. Please try above steps .
Cisco Strongly recommends to go for Dual NIC.

If possible try to change the topology Dual NIC as it reduces the bottle neck and please upgrade from 8.7 to 8.9x or 8.10x.
I have experienced similar kind of issues while running on 8.7 and single nIC.
Please rate the post if it is useful.

It is easy to change, the question if it is the right decision. Not every customer has 2 firewalls in his enterprise or a firewall with the ability to split the firewall into contexts (ASA) / VDOMs (FG) and etc. If he has only one Firewall, I wouldn't go and change to dual NIC as he'll open a breach from Expressway-E to his internal UC network, because now the internal DMZ leg of Expressway-E should reside in UC apps (where CUCM and IM&P resides).
In my organization (Cloud based ISP) we're installing Expressways with dual NIC just because we have Cisco ASA with tenancy based on contexts, so it's more secure that way.

Anyway, Yeruel, I would suggest that you first upgrade to 8.10.2, but take under consideration that for your upgrade to work, you'll need to add a PTR record in your internal DNS that will point on your Expressway-E FQDN server from the public IP address of the Expressway. It is something that is required from version 8.8.x, otherwise MRA won't work after the upgrade.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: