Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UDS Search Field

zheepern0826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are using UDS in the jabber config. I was able to search another user.
I am trying to understand the search criteria for this. From my environment, I have tested and I can look for another user using firstname, lastname, displayname and directory uri.

Based on the planning guide, it mention "Cisco Jabber searches the contact source using various attributes, not all of these attributes are indexed by default".
Can I confirm if I can search user based on below attribute ?
Also where can i check if the attributes are not index by default ?

• sAMAccountName
  • displayName
  • sn
  • name
  • proxyAddresses
  • mail
  • department
  • givenName
  • telephoneNumber
  • otherTelephone
  • mobile
  • homePhone
  • msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress
  • LDAP Service Account

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide/CJAB_BK_C04C09E7_00_cisco-jabber-110-planning-guide_chapter_011.html

Please advise.

Eric

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is under LDAP Prerequisites, it's not applicable to you, as you say you use UDS for directory source.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, 

As mention in the guide, when using UDS, we synchronize contact data into Cisco Unified Communications Manager from a directory server. Cisco Jabber then automatically retrieves that contact data from UDS.

In this case, what are the searching criteria ? Means user need to search based on what field ?

Currently I am able to search using firstname, lastname, displayname and directory uri(email).

I can't find any documentation on Cisco website mention about the searching criteria. 

Can you please advise me on the field that can be used for searching ?

Thank you
Eric