cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber UI Popup on off hook

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

I have one EU who works from home and office. She has a desk phone when in the office and Cisco IPComm when working from home. She always has jabber open to chat with her team. She recently logged a complaint that every time the phone goes off hook or she's on a call and another call comes in, the Jabber UI opens. She said it never acted in this manner before. She said she does not want the UI to open at all, she only uses Jabber for chatting. 

Is there a way to use Jabber only for chat? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, if you are in IM only mode, then you simply assign this user a Service Profile which does not have a CTI server defined, only an IM server.

However, if you just want a quick fix without doing all that, have the user change the following setting on their Jabber client.

jabber-dont-show-call-window.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is she doing desk-phone control?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, thank you for responding.

She had the latest version we have on the network, (11.8.3) installed a month ago and since then she doesn't have the control options to use computer or desk phone to answer calls in the bottom left corner anymore. I don't know what HTH Java is referring to. 

Hi Jaime, following up, can you be more specific what HTH Java is in reference to? 

Thank you

Ibelieve HTH etc IS Jaime's signature in the forums. Havel your chceme the settings on the jabber app? IT Can be Hidden somewhere there.

Do Any one else Has this issue?

Hi Pavel, thank you for the reply. I've checked all of the settings and don't see anywhere you can hide the UI, She is the only employee complaining about this issue. She's been with the company for 10 years and said she never had this problem until she was upgraded to the current version we're running on the user workstations.

HTH is an acronym for Hope That Helps, as in, "I hope the information I gave you, while not the answer exactly, helps you to uncover the answer to your question."

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First of all, if you are in IM only mode, then you simply assign this user a Service Profile which does not have a CTI server defined, only an IM server.

However, if you just want a quick fix without doing all that, have the user change the following setting on their Jabber client.

jabber-dont-show-call-window.png

Hi @Anthony Holloway Thank you for both replies, I don't do much text talk so I'm not really aware of acronyms so thanks on that. I think that's the fix for the instruction you have provided. I'll give it a shot.

Thank you

Thank you Anthony, all fixed.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: