cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Video Conference

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 8.6 and CUPS 8.6 and we want to have Video conference between 3 or more participants with Jabber Desktop. When I try Voice conference between 3 participants everything is OK. Also a video conference between 2 participants is achieved but when a third participant joins the Video conversation the Video call falls to only Voice conference call.

Is CUCM possible to achieve Video Conference?

If not I want to configure my PVDM3-32 for Video conference and try if it works.

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0
sccp ccm 10.10.10.1 identifier 1 version 7.0
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
 bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 associate ccm 1 priority 1
 associate profile 1 register VIDEOCONF
 switchover method immediate
 switchback method immediate
 switchback interval 5
!
dspfarm profile 1 conference video homogenous 
 codec g711ulaw
 codec g711alaw
 codec g729ar8
 codec g729abr8
 codec g729r8
 codec g729br8
 maximum sessions 3
 associate application SCCP

Is anything else needed because registers with my CUCM and also the Jabbers are configured to have the MRGL with the specific conference but in the show dspfarm all I don't see anything.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM has no video bridge it can only do audio conferences, and a "videoconference" between 2 endpoints, is not such, that's a point to point call.

PVDM3 being used as video CFB has been deferred and is no longer supported, you would need to use CMS, vTP, etc for this purpose.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Valencia thank you for your answer.

I just did a conference between 3 Jabber Desktop devices and I will write how I accomplished it in order to help others.

• PVDM3-32 Configurations did in the VG in order to register them with the CUCM

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0
sccp ccm 192.168.150.2 identifier 1 version 7.0
sccp
!
sccp ccm group 1
 bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 associate ccm 1 priority 1
 associate profile 1 register VIDEOCONF
 switchover method immediate
 switchback method immediate
 switchback interval 5
!
dspfarm profile 1 conference video homogeneous  
 codec g711ulaw
 codec g711alaw
 codec g729ar8
 codec g729abr8
 codec g729r8
 codec g729br8
 codec h264 w448p frame-rate 30 bitrate 1mbps
 maximum sessions 3
 associate application SCCP

• CUCM 8.6 Configurations

I made a Conference Bridge with Conference Bridge Type: Cisco IOS Homogenous Video Conference Bridge

I put the Conference Bridge in the MGR and the MRG in the MRGL.

I assigned the specific MRGL to the Unified Client Service Framework (Jabber) in the cluster and we had Video and Audio Conference between Desktop Jabbers. Also Video and Audio Conference was accomplished between the Jabbers and the Cisco 9971 IP phone we have.

Dear Valencia,

for Multiple Participants in a Video Conference we need one of the below right?

1) Telepresence MCU,

2) Multipoint Switch,

3) Telepresence Server.

Can I have a Jabber showing simultaneously 2 or more participants like the SX20 does or I can allways see one person at a time?

Thank you.

Yes, or CMS.

What you see, depends on the layout options of the video CFB.

HTH

java

So if I have a Telepresence MCU you mean that when I have a Video Conference with 3 or more people simultaneously I can see all the participants together on my PC. Is that correct? Because wherever I have search on the net I haven't seen something like that.

Yes, assuming you configured the video layout to be like that.

The way PVDM3 worked was main speaker only, you could not change to any other layout.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: