Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Visual Voicemail not auto sync once disconnect/connect to network

Already setup visual voicemail  as per Cisco "Configure Voicemail" guidelines and everything works fine but whenever I disconnect from the network then Jabber Visual VM doesn't load automatically once connected back to network/VPN but all other tabs were automatically synced.

Only option is to signout and signin then it displays the visual VM tab with messages otherwise it shows contact administrator. Can you please assist on this ? 

I didnt update the Jabber config file because that is applicable only for phone mode. Anyways, I tried updating Jabber config file as well but no luck.

Is there anything I am missing here ? or Is it a bug ? or expected scenario?

Jabber Version - 12.5.0

CUCM - 10.6

CUC - 12.5

Regards,

Ramanathan

1 Reply 1

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

12.5 is a ways back, but, I think some of the bugs regarding this have been fixed even in that version.

It does take a little bit of time for Jabber to refresh that tab and reconnect. Can you check the Jabber log and/or firewalling/tunneling that it is able to access the Unity Connection server's VMREST service? I think it also uses Jetty for web socket. If it overloads or isn't able to connect it will fail over to the other server configured in the service profile, but there is some time for this.

I had an issue with that with the Expressway that were was a problem with Unity Connection and the 400-class errors coming back from the API annoyed the Expressway enough to have fail2ban block the client.

But yes in the past with Jabber there were instances that it would just not refresh or would sit there, if you can try a later build and it works then that is an easy answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: