I am having an issue with 1 user's jabber client on his iPhone, the CIO ...
Cisco Jabber voice v126.96.36.19964
Capsule VPN 1.458.240
Jabber works fine while connected to WiFi, however will not connect over VPN.
I am able to reach the CUCM when connected to VPN.
I pulled the Jabber logs which I reviewed with TAC but found nothing unusual except:
-- 2015-07-10 10:59:11.816 DEBUG [34c769dc] - [UMCVoipAccount setConnectionStatus]: Connecting
-- 2015-07-10 10:59:11.833 DEBUG [34c769dc] - CSIPhoneHelper::
-- 2015-07-10 10:59:11.850 DEBUG [34c769dc] - [UMCStatusBarMessageCenter updateConnectionStatus]: remove previousLastConnectionStatusMe
-- 2015-07-10 10:59:11.850 DEBUG [34c769dc] - [UMCStatusBarMessageCenter removeStatusMessage] Removing status message: Unable to reach corporate network. Services are unavailable.
TAC suggestion was to remove the VPN client and Jabber then reinstall both. We just tried that but experienced the same issue, cannot connect Jabber over VPN.
I have the exact same app versions on my phone and all works well.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Try this from your iPhone (or from a PC connected to the same VPN):
Maybe you can reach the CUCM via web or ping, but the TFTP is blocked by the FW.
Using Wireshark, I see the issue is when doing a TCP/IP connection to the CUCM via SIP protocol/port, it connects to the server, the server acks, but then instead of sending the first request of the SIP protocol, the Jabber client sends FIN, ending the TCP/IP session it just opened.
It makes no sense. The TCP/IP connection works fine, no actual data even gets transmitted, (just SYN, ACK, and FIN packets). No idea why Jabber suddenly thinks that it is "Unable to reach corporate network."
I don't see any hints in the network traffic... Anyone have a clue to this one?
I have Jabber v 188.8.131.5264 and
About Cisco Unified CallManager Express
Operating System: Cisco Internetwork Operating System. Cisco IOS (tm) C2801
Cisco IOS Software: C2801-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M
Software Version: 15.1(4)M6 / CME 8.6
Feature Package: IP|SLA|IPv6|IS-IS|FIREWALL|VOICE|PLUS|QoS|HA|NAT|MPLS|VPN|LEGACY PROTOCOLS|3DES|SSH|IPSE
Jabber Voice (at least v 184.108.40.20664) seems to try the SIP TCP connection over the regular network connection, NOT the VPN connection, even through the TFTP goes to the same server IP over the VPN. So Jabber Voice seems to want you to have a site-to-site VPN, rather than VPN on the client. The really odd thing, though, is I thought I had this working just fine for the longest time, and now I'm having issues. I am using OpenVPN server 2.3.4 and the latest OpenVPN client on iPhone with iOS 9.1.
EDIT2: I just restarted my iPhone, turned off wiFi, started my openVPN tunnel, started Jabber Voice, and it is working just fine now.
Maybe I've just wasted my entire morning.