Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Voice SIP Call Issue

ctohang99
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I'm facing some problem with Jabber Voice for iPhone, When I use the Jabber Voice for iPhone dial the outbound call to any Cisco Devices (such as 7925 or CIUS), I can dial out success, when I dial the SIP extension to Microsoft Exchange UM or Asterisk SIP Truck (Outbound to SIP Provider), I got the busy tone only.

May I know is there has any configuration, I missed? I tested with two CUCM version 9.1 and 10.5, I got the same result.

CUCM version: 10.5.1.10000-7 and 9.1.2.11900-12

Jabber Voice version: 9.1.7

MS Exchange 2013 SP1

Many Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Does the issue happen only with Jabber iPhone client? What about normal IP Phones/ Jabber for Windows/Android clients?

What happens when the same user logs in from Jabber for Windows?

Also, please configure a shared line between an IP Phone and TCT device for iPhone and verify if the issue happens in both the clients. I'm trying to isolate the issue before focussing on server communication.

I would recommend verifying the SIP traces and see why exactly the call fails.

I haven't tested with Windows Client, I tested with native Android 4.4.2 SIP Client, there hasn't any problem on outbound call.

Guess we have to look into the logs. The CCM traces and the PRT from the iPhone would be the start

In additional, May I have more information on the shared line? 

For the iPhone Client, I configured it has a primary phone and the device mobility device is enabled. 

I am facing similar issue, we can dial to all numbers from the Jabber for Windows except inter cluster trunk.

We have CUCM 10.0 with IM&P and ICT trunk to CUCM 8.5, from Jabber we are unable to dial any extension number on CUCM 8.5 through trunk. From IP Phones we can dial, I strongly believe is the CODEC issue.

Did anyone faced similar issue?

Thanks.

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What do you mean by SIP extension? Is it just a DN or a SIP uri like sip:user@domian.com? And are you able to call these SIP extensions from your IP Phones like 7925 or CIUS ?

Hi

SIP Extension means DN, I'm able to call from 7925 or CIUS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: