Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JABBER WILL SUPPORT MAC LAPTOPS and IPHONE OR NOT

HI,,

I want to give customer a solution with CUCM BE 8.5 . Customer wants to get connected to his office from his MAC laptop and I PHONE .

I want to know that Cisco JABBER will be applicable in that . And Cust they dont want to buy any Precense server .

Will cisco Jabber work without a precense server . with MAC laptops , I PHONE . ANROID PHONES

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
5 Replies 5

Hi.

Cisco Jabber for Android and iPhone, doesn't require a Presence Server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps7271/deployment_guide_c07-641141.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Just to add to what Carlo said: There will be two apps for now.

• Cisco Jabber: This is a VoIP application and only requires CUCM. It optionally supports visual voicemail of Unity Connection.
  • Cisco Jabber IM: This is an instant messaging application and requries a Cisco Unified Presence server.

The names are a little too similar in my opinion. Just be clear which app you're discussing with the customer. As Carlos said the Cisco Jabber app does not require CUP.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your entry..I would be really great if you can answer my below as I am not getting any solution for this.

I have to setup a lab enviornment for demonstrationg the Jabber technologies for our client.i am really new to jabber technologies and as per my understanding its a Softphone that we can install in PC and Mobile and has the features such as  IM,Presence and Web-ex.

the below link showing Jabber is supporting with  Windows now.

http://www.cisco.com/web/products/voice/jabber.html

For my demonstration I only need to install Jabber on a windows PC and have to show the IM,Presence and web-Ex..

My doubt is what all software combination required for Jabber technologies??

1)Either CUCM+Presence+Jabber(What Versons??)

2)CUCM+Jabber.(Versions??)

We have 3 MCS(7816) in our lab and running CUCM version 7.0.If we need a later version for this to support ??We will manage to get the Demo Licence from Cisco.

I serached in google for good document but no luck.....Please give me a good documents for integeration and configuration for this requiremnets.

Thanks in advance.....

Nithin Louis.

The data sheet from the link you posted has all the requirements you're asking about.

You can also find all such info in the Release Notes for each product, you'll find all the UC requirements and compatibility.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.....Do you have any good installation and Configuratin guide for jabber in windows...?

Thanks & Regards

Nithin louis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: