cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows and Mac client cannot control phone device

nkladakis
Level 1
Level 1

I can authenticate to Jabber and IM/Presence functions correctly, but the phone control does not work.

Do you have any troubleshouting links or documents to give me? or any tips?

Thank you in advance.

Jabber for Windows 9.1.4 Jabber for Mac OS X 9.2.1

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1.2

Cisco Unified Presence 9.1.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you are pointing to your IM&P server for the CTI instead of your CUCM. Can you check the relevant profile in CUCM ?

Regards,
Christos

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hey Niko,

Can you check the following

Make sure that

-- the jabber user owns the device or the device profile in case you use extension mobility

-- that the 'allow control from cti' is checked on the device, line and end user pages

-- the user is associated with the line

Are you using LDAP authentication in your CUCM ?

If yes then a usual issue is that the port for the LDAP Authentication is 389 instead of 3268. Can you change it to 3268 if possible ? You can check this with your LDAP admin.

HTH,
Christos

Hi Christo

Thank you for your answer

the jabber user owns the device OK

that the 'allow control from cti' is checked on the device, line and end user pages OK both

the user is associated with the line OK

yes I am using LDAP authentication (windows server active directory)

and I am using 389 I have changed it to 3268 on System ->LDAP->LDAP Directory and

System ->LDAP->LDAP Authentication but it did not solve the problem.

any other ideas are welcomed?

Nikos

A few more suggestions

Is it only one user that has the issue ?

What's the model of the phone you are trying to control ?

Is the CTIManager running ?

Can you telnet from the jabber pc to CUCM on port 2748?

If you are ok with it you can attach the problem report from jabber and I can have a look

HTH,

Christos

Edit

Do you have a UC Service configured for CTI in CUCM ?

Have you assigned that profile to service profile which is in turn assigned to the end user ?

Is it only one user that has the issue ? no all users have the same problem

What's the model of the phone you are trying to control ? 6921 and 7925

(for the 6921 I have allredy add "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode" )

Is the CTIManager running ?  YES

Can you telnet from the jabber pc to CUCM on port 2748? NO I can not

Do you have a UC Service configured for CTI in CUCM ? YES

Have you assigned that profile to service profile which is in turn assigned to the end user ? YES

I dont know how to make a problem report from jabber. do you have any link?

Thank you

Hi Niko,

THe fact that you cannot telnet port 2748 means that you cannot reach CTIManager. That's the port it's listening to.

You can see if your CUCM is listening to that port if you issue the following from an ssh session

utils firewall ipv4 list

Can you check if you have any firewall / security software installed (either on user PC's or in between the PC and the CUCM) that might be blocking the traffic?

You can create a problem report by Go to Help --> Report a problem

HTH,

Christos

Hi Christo,

In fact I do connect to port 2748 so no problem from there.

So I am sending you the report

Thanks Niko.

What is 10.0.0.106 ?

Regards,

Christos

10.0.0.106 is the IM and presence server

10.0.0.106          FQDN      IM
10.0.0.109          FQDN      CUCM

regards

I think you are pointing to your IM&P server for the CTI instead of your CUCM. Can you check the relevant profile in CUCM ?

Regards,
Christos

How did I make such a stupid mistake?!?

Thank you very mutch!!!

No problem Niko. That's why we are here for

Just for the record this is what I see in the logs

-- 2013-11-12 09:41:46.655 INFO [main] - TFTP server: CUCM

-- 2013-11-12 09:41:46.655 INFO [main] - CTI server: IM

-- 2013-11-12 09:41:46.655 INFO [main] - CCMCIP server: CUCM

CTI Server: IM. That got me suspicious

Then when the deskphone tried to connect i see this

2013-11-12 13:58:03,354 DEBUG [0xb1a3a000] [utilities/socket/TcpSocketHelper.cpp(78)] [csf.ecc] [connect] - About to connect to 10.0.0.106

And here is the result

2013-11-12 13:59:18,934 ERROR [0xb1a3a000] [deskphoneprovider/CtiConnection.cpp(132)] [csf.ecc] [run] - CtiConnection: Connect failed!

2013-11-12 13:59:18,934 ERROR [0xb1a3a000] [rc/deskphoneprovider/DPProvider.cpp(982)] [csf.ecc] [onConnectFailed] - onConnectFailed

2013-11-12 13:59:18,934 ERROR [0xb1a3a000] [deskphoneprovider/CtiConnection.cpp(190)] [csf.ecc] [run] - CtiConnection: Socket disconnect failed!

2013-11-12 13:59:18,934 INFO  [0xb1116000] [/deskphoneprovider/CtiConnection.cpp(49)] [csf.ecc] [stop] - CtiConnection::stop

2013-11-12 13:59:18,934 INFO  [0xb1a3a000] [/src/common/thread/WorkerThread.cpp(115)] [csf.ecc] [run] - Finishing thread: CtiConnection

Christo

To put it in production I need 2 more things

1 ] to migrate from CUCME and CUE to CUCM  (Can I move  licenses) ?           

2]  Enhanced Plus (9.x) licensing I have Enhanced (9.x) but not plus  (What is "plus" means?)

any link will be appreciated

best regards

Hi Niko,

I am not an expert on this but here is my take

1) You can migrate the phones from your CME to CUCM. You need to open a case with the cisco licensing team and they will be able to help you. I don't think you can do this for CUE but you can ask the licensing team

2) The following guide is useful in understanding this

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3E0EFA0_00_cucm-features-services-guide-91_chapter_0100100.html

I copy from there

Enhanced:

Enhanced User Connect License - supports one  device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video)  call control features including desktop and mobile clients.  (For  example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961,  Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60,  Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)

Enhanced Plus:

Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.

Additional reading

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_R6F8DBD4_00_release-notes-for-cucm-91_chapter_0100.html#CUCM_RF_S98968C3_00

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-34910

Hope this helps Niko

Christos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: