cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Windows - no phone control with LDAP Custom filter

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I am unable to control the desktop phone from the Jabber 9.1 Windows client when the CallManager LDAP Directory uses a Custom Filter.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If I set the LDAP Custom Filter to <none> and save, then Desktop Phone control works great.

If I set it to use my custom filter, then trying to enable Desktop control just gives me the spinning circle, then times out to the Red X symbol.

I do not need to resync the LDAP Directory to get the error, just enable/disable the custom filter and save.

In both cases calling from the Computer works great.

This is an On-Prem deployment with full MS-AD LDAP integration.

Versions are:

Jabber - 9.1.0 build 12296

CUPC - 8.6.4.11900-1

CUCM - 8.6.2.22900-9

I upgraded to CUCM 8.6.2 SU2 last night hoping that would fix the problem, but no luck.

The LDAP filter is one I have used in numerous other clusters with no CTI issues.

It allows me to sync to the root directory, but only import active user accounts with an entry in the ipPhone AD attribute:

(&((objectclass=user)(ipPhone=*))(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

Thanks, Randy

4 Replies 4

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Randy,

Have you specified this base filter in jabber-config.xml file? As per Admin Guide:

"In some cases, base filters do not return query results if you specify a closing bracket in your Cisco Jabber for Windows  configuration file. For example, this issue might occur if you specify  the following base filter: (&(memberOf=CN=UCFilterGroup,OU=DN))

To resolve this issue, remove the closing bracket; for example, (&(memberOf=CN=UCFilterGroup,OU=DN)"

Thanks,

Maqsood

I have not specified a base filter in the jabber-config.xml file.

I can see that that might affect the ability to search other Jabber users, but don't see how it would affect CTI control?

Thanks for the post, I will try it and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks, Randy

I added the base filter, and removed the last bracket.

It did not fix the problem.

I will post if I find a solution.

Thanks, Randy

The solution was to re-arrange the LDAP filter:

Old filter - (&((objectclass=user)(ipPhone=*))(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

New filter - (&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(ipPhone=*))

If you remove the "(ipPhone=*)", then you have the default LDAP search filter, at least that was default back in CUCM 6.x.

So I guess any custom additions should be put at the end of the filter string.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: