I have Call manager 8.6.2, Presence, 8.6 and Unity connection 8.6.2.
I have setup the system. Phones work on the system, Jabber via iPhone, and iPad works but when i try to connect via Windows 7 client the connection just hangs. I have been through some setup guides and created a Windows device as a Cisco Unified Client Services Framework device. The user is assigned the device the same as all the other jabber client devices.
Are there any special configurations or files that need to be loaded for this to work? Any good documents or guides would be greatly appreciated. If you require any more info to assist then please let me know. I heard that you may need to install xml files?
Have you already reviewed this:
Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.x Administration Guide
if this helps, please rate
Have been through the deployment steps. I have Jabber working on the Ipad, and iPhone but still have issues on the Windows 7 device.
When I launch the Jabber app it hangs at the "connecting" phase. I have loaded the below xml (jabber-config.xml)
file onto the TFTP server and restarted the server.
The Machine we are using is not in AD. Are there any other paramters that I would need to add? our CUCM is synched to LDAP so Jabber will use CUCM for directory information.
Any help greatly appreciated.
This could be a DNS issue. Try the following:
If this works then the issue is related to the hostname information missing in DNS. Configure the CUP server hostname entry on the DNS server to resolve the problem
I had just worked this out through forums and posts. We added a DNS entry in our DNS servers and used the name for the server setup in the client.
Everything now works. Although the Jabber client is supposed to be the same across all platforms it seems strange that:
Still working on these but they may just be missing features.
I cant seem to access that document( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg.html ), I get:
Sometimes you have to be logged in cisco.com to see certain links, I removed the "partner" section of the URL, please try it one more time.