Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber with E-mail Login

Hi; probably a stupid question for the level of brains in this forum, but I'm not getting the explanation from our solutions integrator that satisfies me. I am generally technical, but don't know enough of Jabber and Cloud CUCM to know if what I want is possible.

We getting a global Cloud CUCM deployment and the phone logins will be the full user's unique E.164 phone number (eg. 4412345678). We will integrate to a replicated LDS instance for multiple AD domain consolidated lookups. We then also getting Jabber integration and the solutions guys are telling me we can't login with our full e-mail address/UPN like joe.blogs@mycompany.com, which is available in our LDS instance, but rather we can only use the e164_number@mycompany.com (eg. 4412345678@mycompany.com) since the CUCM username is the E164 number. This makes absolutely no sense to me - will make even less sense to our users.

For ease of use, I would like users to login to their phones with the E.164 number and on Jabber clients with e-mail address... is this truly not possible?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you have the default JID, that will be userID@domain.com, if userID is their phone number in CUCM, then that will be their JID as well.

You'd need to change the JID to directory URI, and sync in CUCM that field to the field you want to be their JID. If you have the email you want them to use in the mail field, then sync directory URI to it, and have them adjust IM&P to use flexible JID.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

During AD import, what you do is you set the directory URI of the user to map with the email and on presence server as Jamie mentioned, you need to set JID to set as "directory URI" instead of userid@domain.com.

Regards,

Alok

Thanks for the responses... and I understand that part. The question is if we create/sync the user accounts with bob.smith@domain.com - will the users then need to login to their Cisco IP phones with the mail address or can they still use the E.164 number for phone logins?

You'll use in CUCM whatever you're syncing userID to, and you'll use in IM&P what you're syncing directory URI to as the JID.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate