Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber working on Windows, iMac, iPhon, iPad but NOT Android

Tim Russell
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have Jabber clients working on a CUCM/CUPS 8.6 install with iPad, iPhone, iMac and windows PC with only small issues related to Unity Connect, but whatever I do I can't get it to work on my Android Samsung galaxy S III.

I have installed the COP files, and configured the BOT_GALAXY profile as per the guideline yet when I attempt to verify the configuration details on the android device I receive the "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again....."

After installing the iPhone COP, the Android COP and the latest Jabber all COP I have restarted the server and then the Tomcat service. All to no avail...

Does have anyone have some idea where I could look to get to the bottom of this ?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ssadorra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim

Have you tried a diff model of Samsung Phone? I believe Samsung Galaxy S II is one that is currently supported by the Jabber for Android cleint (with Android OS 2.3.3 or OS 2.3.6)

Hope this works you

-sheila

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tim Russell
Level 4
Level 4

*Nudge*

ssadorra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim

Have you tried a diff model of Samsung Phone? I believe Samsung Galaxy S II is one that is currently supported by the Jabber for Android cleint (with Android OS 2.3.3 or OS 2.3.6)

Hope this works you

-sheila

Hi Sheila,

Yeah I got the feeling that Android 4.0.4 (Samsung Galaxy SIII) wasn;t supported yet   Looks like I have to wait for a Jabber 'droid update.

Shame I have a demo at a customer tomorrow and I was hoping to show them the full suite, and as I don't have an older 'droid I can't.

Thanks for the answer