Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber4W Feature request: Decline call without having voicemail configured

ruudvanstrijp
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am not sure where to post this, so I'll just post it here. We often have a situation with Jabber where we would like to decline the incoming call. A situation that happens most is that you are in a Webex Meeting with the Webex app, and receive a Jabber call during that meeting. You will keep hearing the ringtone of Jabber through your headset and/or speakers, basically making  you unable to continue your meeting until the caller gives up trying to reach you.

Declining calls can be configured, but only when you give the user a voicemail profile with a voicemail pilot that actually exists and picks up the call. This way you can reroute the call to voicemail when you decline the call. However, in the Netherlands most people do not use voicemail. You could set up the pilot to route to a receptionist or attendant, but then they would just try to reach you a minute later after hearing the caller ask for you.

So basically, I would like to do a feature request to enhance Jabber to allow declining calls without having a voicemail destination set up. Just giving the caller a busy tone will do the trick. This is basically what all other solutions (I'm looking at you, Skype) are doing as well.

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get in touch with your SE/AM to submit a PER (product enhancement request)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

telecomjulie
Level 1
Level 1

In our case:

We currently run CM14 and have both Jabber and Webex users. Most of my users don't cover to voicemail, but do have live voicemail boxes in case a caller asks to be transferred to leave a message.

In Webex or Jabber, whether from desktop or mobile, if a user declines the call, the caller is sent to voicemail rather than the defined coverage path, which is definitely not the desired (or defined) behavior. We found that we can change the voicemail profile to a profile that doesn't have voicemail defined on it to avoid that (and then the call just follows it's coverage path), but then that disables the tape recorder/voicemail button on the phone.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to disable coverage to voicemail when a call is declined, but also keep that physical button active?