Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber4Windows - in call digit mask

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I am wondering why the following happens:

While in a call using Jabber 9.2.4, I bring up the keypad to enter digits durng the call, like options of a conference bridge or entering an account number into an IVR.

Why are the digits showing up as asterisks on my screen?

Is there a way to change this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi j.sillers,

there is no way to prevent this. This is made by design - to avoid security risks (when user needs to type PIN code) -

DTMF should not be visible..

Regards,

Nebojsa

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi j.sillers,

there is no way to prevent this. This is made by design - to avoid security risks (when user needs to type PIN code) -

DTMF should not be visible..

Regards,

Nebojsa

I passed this on to several customers and they all asked that I request this to be optional.  Like many sites that now have the checkbox to "view" a password.  Most had the same response "how would I know if I typed the righ or wrong PIN or passcode if I can't see it?"

Can you please tell me how to request this change?

Hi,

this forum is one of the ways to accomplish this - because it is tracked by product management.

On the other hand - to do this officially - you need to reach your AM to submit a Product Enhancement Request.

Regards,

Nebojsa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: