Views
Helpful
Replies

JabberVideo Favorites

vipnetops
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since migrating to version 4.4 of JabberVideo scraps your favorites, has anyone being able to save your favorites aside and bring them back once the upgrade is done ?

Could this mishap be corrected in JV 4.5 ?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What version did you upgrade from? I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 and my favorites was intact.

Anyway the files are located:

%APPDATA%\Cisco\JabberVideo

this is mycontacts.xml and recentcalls.xml for your user.

After the migration did you log in with the same username with the same sipuri? Since the users are assigned folders where their respective mycontacts and recentcalls will be stored. If you are using a new username you can check the old folder and move the favorites.

Hope this helps.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

What version did you upgrade from? I just upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 and my favorites was intact.

Anyway the files are located:

%APPDATA%\Cisco\JabberVideo

this is mycontacts.xml and recentcalls.xml for your user.

After the migration did you log in with the same username with the same sipuri? Since the users are assigned folders where their respective mycontacts and recentcalls will be stored. If you are using a new username you can check the old folder and move the favorites.

Hope this helps.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus,

That are indeed the siles I was looking for.

When I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3, all went well. It's when I did an upgrade from 4.3 to 4.4 that the client wipped all favorites and past calls.

Really weird.

Cheers