cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JabberVideo (Movi) 4.3 on Lion 7.3 problems

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

We've just discovered an annoying issue with JabberVideo 4.3 running on Lion 7.3;

user logs in, searching directory works, for a while, however after around 10 directory searches we see "Search failed: Server error" and the user is eventually kicked off with "Login failed due to registration error".

We're only seeing this issue with Lion 7.3 - other Macs on same subnet using 10.6.8 has no issues at all.

Anybody else come across this ?

(VCS-C X7.03 TMS 13.1.2)

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Jens,

I'm using 4.3 on Lion without any of these issues.

Is this client registering to a VCS Control or Exprssway, and is there any NAT between the client and the VCS?

It would probably be best to raise a TAC case for this, including an xconf/xstat and diagnostic log (Network set to DEBUG) from the VCS and a Wireshark capture from the Movi client, where you start all logging before the client signs in and let it run until the problem occurs.

Regards

Andreas

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Jens,

I'm using 4.3 on Lion without any of these issues.

Is this client registering to a VCS Control or Exprssway, and is there any NAT between the client and the VCS?

It would probably be best to raise a TAC case for this, including an xconf/xstat and diagnostic log (Network set to DEBUG) from the VCS and a Wireshark capture from the Movi client, where you start all logging before the client signs in and let it run until the problem occurs.

Regards

Andreas

Registering to VCS-C, no NAT involved.

We're about to roll out customised 4.3 and tested it on two 7.3 boxes, both having same issues, boxes on different subnets. Macs on 6.8 are all fine. All Windows boxes are fine as well, so this is happening only on Mac 7.3 boxes.

I'll open a case with TAC and take it from there.

cheers jens

For us JV4.3 works fine as well. Did you check that your DNS records are ok and that no firewall is kicking in?

Do you use a VCS cluster? Do you have any round robin A records or how are your SRV records?

Any update drom TAC?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Supplied TAC with all relevant trace logs etc - they've raised it with the developers as there are currently 7 different issues known with 4.3 on 7.3 - and our problem didn't fit any of them. So current workaround is to use 4.2 (which works flawlessly) until next version is released.

cheers jens

Still strange. Could you bring me some light and tell me what the other 7 sins, aeh, issues are?

Btw Andreas: if no phonebooks are provisioned to a movi group (which might be on intention) but the

phonebook uri is set up via provisioning you also get the "Search Failed - Server Error" error.

Which seem to be a mapping of the: SIP/2.0 503 Service unavailable

which the VCS returns in such case.

Maybe it would be nice to just say: "no match"

My workaround is to set access to an empty phonebook,...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Please to say this issue was resolved by migrating to TMSPE.

All working as it should now - and a lot faster too.

/jens

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: