Views
Helpful
Replies

JFW issue with Outlook

a.barsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Outlook does not show Presence status nor a call can be set???

JFW-Client works fine, no strange behavior...

With CUPC everything worked well...

any hint is apprechiated....

Andreas

6 Replies 6

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Andreas,

There isn't any additional configuration for Cisco Jabber to work with Outlook if you had CUPC deployed previously.

You just have to make sure that SIPATTRIBUTE is populated on AD for the contacts as outlined in the admin guide:

Integration with Microsoft Office

The only other thing I can think of is the Outlook Version. Are you using Outlook 2007/2010? 32 or 64 bit?

Regards,

Jas

SIPATTRIBUTE is set...

it is Outlook 2010, 64 bit....

Thanks so far...I will check some more things tomorrow...AD is a good point to start investigation...

Andreas

Cool....Outlook 2010 64 Bit should work with Cisco Jabber as well.

Couple of things to note:

1) Make sure you can successfully dial out of Jabber first, as in, you can right click a contact and call. If that fails, most likely you haven't logged into the Phone Services under File -> Options.

2) As for the Outlook Status, make sure that the IM Provider Key on the PC is set to Cisco Jabber:

Below is the location of the Key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers]

"DefaultIMApp"="Cisco Jabber"

Regards,

Jas

Hi,

Last days I checked all said parameters but no advance...

The odd thing is, that in One installation it works well...Outlook behaves as in should...

I did the Installation several times...did a Lot of boots...no success...

is there a Logfile to find some hints?

.??????

Andreas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I set up a complete New maschine with new profile and the old outlook mailbox and the same think happens...???

Another problem occurred...before new installation I used IE to initiate calls...TEL:number...now it doesn't work...I guess I forgot to activate something...

Thanks for any hints

Andreas

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Did you every resolve this issue? Running into same issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: